Monday, January 12, 2009

The Power of Intent

Today I was reminded of the power of intent and conscious presence. I had a new client who requested a chair massage before his flight.

As I was palpating his shoulder area, I noted how tense he was and also became aware of nervous energy pulsing through me. The client, at the same time, was flinching has I worked deeper into his tissue. I stopped and asked if my pressure was too much. He assured me it was fine. I continued working.

As the massage progressed, I was a little distracted by the nervous energy I was feeling, concentrating on having it flow through me as opposed to blocking it. My client was still twitching and flinching.

I stopped again, "Are you sure this is not causing you pain?"

"No," he replied. "I'm just really very nervous; I have a fear of flying. I'm like this even after a Valium."

Ah. This explained the nervous energy I was feeling and this information allowed me to redirect my intention. Instead of thinking "pain relief", I began thinking "calm, peace, you're going to be all right." I focused my intention with thoughts that would calm a child who's afraid of the dark.

Within a minute, my client stopped twitching, his breathing became regular, more steady. I ended the session with energy balancing Polarity holds that left him feeling well and ready for his short flight.

Healing, whether it be spiritual, physical, emotional, can be aided with the power of intention and being fully present for the person you are assisting. Touch is an ancient healing tool, one that is often overlooked in Western medicine. When touch is coupled with intention, amazing things can happen. Today's massage session was a small example of that power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and/or experiences with holistic cures and remedies.

Disclaimer

The Information Contained Herein Should not be Considered Medical Advice; Nor is it Meant to Treat, Diagnose, Prescribe or Cure Any Disease. Seek the Guidance of a Qualified Health Professional if You Have Concerns or Questions About your Health issues.

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Holistic living, natural remedies have been part of my life since the early 80's. As a natural progression of my passion, I became a certified massage therapist in 2006, a Reiki Master in 2008, and in 2013 an Ayurveda Lifestyle Coach. I am here to promote natural healing, for it is my deep belief that with a little help from our friends and nature, we can all heal ourselves.