Tis the season for colds, allergies and general sinus congestion, and it seems I’m surrounded by folks with stuffy heads. Here are some quick tips for getting natural sinus congestion relief.
- An Ayurvedic method to relieve sinus congestion: Using a few drops of fresh squeezed garlic juice in an eyedropper (yes, garlic juice, preferably organic, use a garlic press,) tilt your head back and put the drops into your nose. Remain with your head back for about five minutes, then straighten up and let juice drain into a tissue. This method may be used once a day to clear sinus congestion, and up to three times a day during a severe sinus conditions – morning, mid-day and at night.
- Barley Green can be helpful for sinus problems.
- Juice organic apples and dark grapes and drink at room temperature on an empty stomach.
- Fill a medium sized mixing bowl halfway with boiling water; put in two to three drops of eucalyptus essential oil along with a drop of peppermint oil in the water. Hover your head over the bowl with a towel draped over your head and bowl. (Essentially you’re creating your own mini steam sauna for your head.) Breathe normally. You should feel relief within a few minutes.
Note: You may have a sinus infection if:
· your sinus pain doesn’t improve after three to five days
· your eyelids and/or nose swell up
· you have green or bright yellowish mucous discharge
See your doctor if you think you have a sinus infection!