- Exercise! Depending on how athletic you and your partner are, sex can be a great way to boost your heart rate and get that blood flowing! Sex also BURNS CALORIES!
- Immune booster - according to WebMD, when people have sex at least once a week, studies showed higher levels of "...an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections. Scientists at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., took samples of saliva, which contain IgA, from 112 college students who reported the frequency of sex they had."
- Lowers prostate cancer risk - Two studies, one published in the British Journal of Urology International observed that men who ejaculated a minimum of five times a week during their twenty's lowered their risk for prostate cancer by 33%. The second study, in the Journal of the American Medical Association it was noted that older men who ejaculate at minimum 21 times a month also were at lower risk for prostate cancer.
- Post menopausal women can maintain their pelvic floor muscles when they have sex more often, as well as keeping their vagina supple. If you experience vaginal dryness (which frequent sex can also help with,) then look for a water based lubricant. This really is a case of use it or lose it.
- Intimacy is increased, and that's always a good thing for increasing health and well being.
Here's another tip for improving your sex life: drink water. Strive to drink half your body weight in ounces. Seriously. Keeping your body properly hydrated will increase and help men maintain their erections, and women will benefit by being better lubricated.
So have at it folks! Sex is good for you. Just remember to practice safe sex. <3 size="2">photo credit: Stoichiometry